Back to Calendar
2015 Fourth of July Celebration
WHEN: Saturday, July 4: 12:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. | WHERE: Canalside (Buffalo, NY)
Don your red, white and blue, and join us for our 2015 July 4th Celebration on the waterfront! Highlights will include food, live music, children’s activities, fireworks presented by Russell J. Salvatore to cap off the night and more! Full schedule of events & FAQs listed below as well as a printable schedule at the bottom of the page:
2015 Fourth of July Celebration Activities
- 10:00 am – 5:00 pm: Saturday Artisan Market
- 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm: Balloon Guy
- 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Eden Carriage
- 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm: BRAT Theater & Arts Games
- 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Imagination Playground
- 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Games
- 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Buffalo & Erie County Public Library
- 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Face Painting
- 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Nick Presents Magic
- 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Farmer Tom Walsh
- 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Reilly Art Character Drawings
- 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Frank Lavoie Puppet Show
- 2:00 pm — 6:00 pm: Young Audiences of Western New York
2015 Fourth of July Celebration Entertainment Schedule
- 12:00 pm– 1:00 pm: Buffalo Niagara Concert Band
- 1:45 pm – 3:15 pm: George Scott Big Band
- 3:45 pm – 4:45 pm: LehrerDance
- 5:15 pm – 6:45 pm: Joyce Wilson Nixon Band
- 7:15 pm – 8:45 pm: Matthew Facciolla Band
- 8:50 pm – 9:00 pm: Speech by fireworks sponsor Russell Salvatore
- 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm: Flag Folding Ceremony, Taps and US Air Force Honor Guard
- 10:00 pm: Fireworks presented by Russell Salvatore with music on Mix 96 (the former WJYE 96.1)
Fourth of July FAQ’
Where can I park?
There are many places to park or park and ride close by! Most people think the Naval & Military Park and the Erie Basin Marina are the only places to park at Canalside. But here is a tip, if you come by means of Washington Street or Michigan Avenue, there are hundreds of parking spaces in Cobblestone District, which is only short two short blocks away from Canalside! Specifically check out the lots along Perry Street, as well as the First Niagara Center Parking Ramp and the HARBORCENTER Parking Ramp. All of which have handicap accessible parking.
There is also the eco-friendly way to getting to Canalside or the Outer Harbor via Bike. Be aware though, the boat ferry only runs until 8:00 pm on the 4th of July so you will have to take Ohio Street after 8:00pm.
The Outer Harbor will also be open with 4th of July festivities with limited parking along Furhman Boulevard.
Want to be dropped right on the doorstep of Canalside? Park your car at any of the NFTA Metro Rail stops and take the Metro Rail down! Trains will be running every 20 minutes with service until midnight. (Make sure you are on the lookout for one of the newly Canalside wrapped trains!) Check out the full map of parking and our newly added site map in the link: https://www.canalsidebuffalo.com/visit-canalside
What am I allowed to bring?
You are allowed to bring any sort of chair or blanket to sit on. You are NOT allowed to bring any outside food or beverage into Canalside. Also, due to the large volume of the crowd and fireworks, no pets will be allowed at Canalside for the 4th of July.
How do I get into Canalside?
You can enter Canalside two ways, through the Whipple Truss Bridge (Marine Drive & Commercial Street) or through our entrance on Main Street & Marine Drive.
What food will be available?
We are going to have a TON of options for food starting at Noon and running till 10 p.m. Some of the vendors include:
- Lloyd’s Taco Truck
- Mattie’s, Cruisin Crepe
- Kettlecorn Shop
- Street Eats
- Amazing Roasted Corn
- 716 Food and Sport
- RnR BBQ
- House of Munch
- Meeting Place
- Cheesy Chick
- Flamin Fish
- Buffalo’s Best Catering
- Plus our very own restaurants will be open including The Dish & The Blue Line. (The Dish & The Blue Line will be the only places on site that you are able to get food or beverage with cash!)
- Note: Food trucks will be taking tickets and ticket sales will begin at 1:30 p.m.
Do I need tickets to purchase food and beverage?
Yes, you will need to buy tickets (or remember to bring yours from home that you have purchased at a 2015 Canalside Concert!) from one of our ticket tents to get food & beverage starting at 1:30 p.m. Ticket booths will be shut down at 10:15 pm.
Can food & beverage tickets from the 2015 free concert series be used?
Yes, they will be accepted. It will be vice versa as well and you are able to use extra tickets from 4th of July at the rest of the Free Thursday Canalside Concerts.
Will beer be served?
We will have beer available for purchase starting at 2 p.m. with sales ending about 10:15 pm. We will have three different areas to buy beer plus our own beer garden at The Dish and The Blue Line will be serving.
Where can I watch the fireworks?
Any seat in the house will be perfect to see every firework at Canalside. You will also be hearing a special compilation of music put together by Russell Salvatore, this year’s sponsor of our fireworks. If you can’t make it down to Canalside, you can also view the fireworks from Wilkeson Pointe at the Outer Harbor. Don’t forget, to tune your radio into Mix 96 (the former WJYE 96.1) to listen to the special music that goes along with the fireworks!
What events will be available at the Outer Harbor throughout the day?
There will be a beer & wine tent, a food truck and fitness activities and more! Check out a full list of activates at www.OuterHarborBuffalo.com
Can docking reservations be made?
No, docking reservations cannot be made. It will be first come first serve. Price is based on: Large-Event Days –Four-Hour Fees
- $15.00 Any vessel under 29 ft.
- $17.00 Any vessel between 30 ft. and 39 ft.
- $20.00 Any vessel 40 ft. and over.