Back to Calendar
Public Ice Skating: Special Holiday Hours
WHEN: Sunday, December 24: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. | WHERE: The Ice at Canalside
Lace up your skates for The Ice at Canalside presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York! Whether you’re on a date, with family, or with friends you’ll love to take a spin on the Canals on Downtown Buffalo’s Waterfront!
Hours for December 24-January 1 (hours may vary depending on weather conditions):
- Sunday December 24: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Monday December 25: 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Tuesday December 26 – Sunday December 31: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Monday January 1: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Note: Special weekday hours will be in effect during school break periods: December 24-January 1 and February 18-24
- Ages 13 and over: $6.00
- Ages 6-12: $4.00
- Ages 5 and under: Free
- $4.00 during normal hours
- $5.00 during special holiday hours (Dec 24-Jan 1; Jan 15; Feb 14; Feb 19-25)
- Sizes range from a toddler size 9 to an adult 13
Skate Aid Walkers:
- Training walker: $1.00/30 minutes
- Penguin Skate Aid: $8.00/30 minutes , $12.00/60 minutes
Bag Check: $3.00
Skate Sharpening: price TBD
Show your BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York membership card and receive a $1 off skate admission and $1 off skate rental discount.
Interested in Group Rates? Click Here.
Assumption of Risk: All skaters and curlers at The Ice at Canalside are required to sign an Assumption of Risk waiver before their first visit to The Ice each season.
To save time in line, you can click the tab on this page to read and sign your waiver at home. You will still be required to check in at the Admission Kiosk before entering The Ice but can bypass visitors who still need to sign their waiver.