Back to Calendar
Winter Eats & Everyday Activities
WHEN: Monday, November 23 - Sunday, March 20: All day | WHERE: Unnamed Venue
Colder temps don’t signal the end of waterfront fun- whether you like to ice skate or not, there is still lots to do at Canalside! Be sure to check out our full calendar for updates on open ice skating, events, celebrations, & other fun activities all winter long!
Canalside’s Winter Pavilion presented by Cricket Wireless
New this winter is Canalside’s Winter Pavilion- a 30′ x 50′ heated structure with floor-to ceiling windows that overlook the Ice at Canalside! The Pavilion offers food/merchandise from:
- Just Fries offering topped & loaded french fries plus hot soup & ciders: open Thur. 12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.; Fri. & Sat. 12:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.; Sun. 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Harborside Mercantile offering waffles, candy, popcorn, pizza, & more: open Thur. 12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.; Fri & Sat. 12:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.; Sun. 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Bubble & Brews featuring Pepsi products and seasonal domestic & craft beers: open Mon-Wed 3:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.; Thurs 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.; Fri & Sat 12:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.; Sun. 12:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Buffalove & Canalside merchandise: open Thur. 12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.; Fri. & Sat. 12:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.; Sun. 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
The Winter Pavilion is located next to the Immigrant Steps.
Bryce’s Winter Cafe
Open 12-10 pm Fridays-Sundays: Bryce’s offers coffee, hot chocolate, pretzels, & roasted nuts and is located near the entrance to the Ice rink.
Next to the Winter Pavilion presented by Cricket Wireless, Canalside Caricatures will be offering custom sketched caricature drawings. Visit the booth & see yourself in a unique way through a caricature drawing on Thurs. 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.; Fri. 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.; Sat. 2:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. or Sun. 1:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Also, don’t forget to check out their website http://canalsidecaricatures.strikingly.com/ for a $5 off coupon.
Have a Seat in the Aud Chairs
New this winter: take a seat in one of the “oranges”! Canalside has a set of authentic seats from the famous upper deck of Buffalo’s Memorial Auditorium (dangerously steep incline not included!). Have a seat, take a photo, and feel the nostalgia wash over you- you can practically hear Rick Jeanneret saying “LalalalalalalaFontaine!”
The light show at the Connecting Terminal Grain Elevator runs dusk-11 pm every night!
The Albright-Knox Art Gallery and Erie County have brought two pieces of public art to Canalside:
- Take a photo sitting next to the famous Shark Girl by artist Casey Riordan-Millard! Shark Girl is located at the new Canals on the Commercial Street Bridge!
- At the Central Wharf, be sure to check out Silent Poets by Jaume Plensa, especially when it lights up at night!
Visit HARBORCENTER – including (716) Food & Sport and flagship Tim Hortons restaurant. Browse the Shops at HARBORCENTER: Clayton’s Toys & Gifts, Fowler’s Chocolates, Modern Nostalgia, & Red Siren as well as the Buffalo Sabres Store at the First Niagara Center. You can also check out a Canisius, ECC, or Buffalo Beauts hockey game at HARBORCENTER.
Walk along the the water and see the USS Little Rock, the USS Croaker, and the USS The Sullivans at the The Buffalo & Erie County Naval & Military Park. The museum itself is closed December-March, but you can still view the ships and monuments dedicated to the brave men & women of our Military. In addition, the Liberty Hound restaurant, located at the Naval & Military Park, is open on most First Niagara Center event nights, check out their website for details.
For more details on nearby restaurants, visit our Food and Beverage page.