Back to Calendar
2017 July 4th Celebration
WHEN: Tuesday, July 4: 5:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. | WHERE: Canalside (Buffalo, NY)
Don your red, white and blue, and join us for our Free 2017 July 4th Celebration!
Food Trucks, Free Live Music, & a dazzling Fireworks show synced to a patriotic soundtrack provided by Russell J. Salvatore and aired live on 97 Rock!
5:00 PM – 7:00 PM West Of The Mark
7:30 PM – 9:30 PM The George Scott Big Band
9:30 PM Niagara Falls ARS Honor Guard
10:00 PM Buffalo’s Official July 4th Fireworks Display presented by Russell J. Salvatore
Visitors attending the 4th of July festivities will be subjected to security inspection upon entry beginning at 4PM. The entrance will be located on Marine Drive and re-entry is allowed. The following information is designed to assist in expediting the entry process
ITEMS THAT MUST BE PLACED ON THE SECURITY INSPECTION TABLES:
- All Metal
- Bag Policy – only diaper bags and small purses (5″ X 7″ clutch bags) are permitted
- Cell Phones
- Electronic Devices
PROHIBITED ITEMS AT CANALSIDE EVENTS
- Weapons of any kind
- Backpacks/Drawstring Bags/Large tote bags
- Illegal drugs/drug paraphernalia
- Glass containers
- Outside food or beverage, including coolers
- All professional video and photo cameras
- Recording devices
- Selfie sticks, Tripods or Monopods
- Laser pointers
- Air Horns
- Animals (unless a service animal)
- Bicycles (within the secure perimeter)
- Any item deemed inappropriate or dangerous by security
Recommended parking for Canalside is on Perry Street by the KeyBank Center and additional lots and ramps on the East side of Main Street. As the event concludes, the NFTA-Metro will have three buses parked along Washington Street as well as three trains ready at the Erie Canal Harbor Station to expedite moving guests out of the area.
For anyone planning to use the Queen City Bike Ferry to get back and forth between the Outer Harbor and Canalside, be aware it will run on extended hours, operating until 11:30PM on the Fourth of July.