Back to Calendar
WHEN: Sunday, February 12: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. | WHERE: The Ice at Canalside
Curling on The Ice at Canalside will be closed today, Sunday, February 12, due to rain, which is causing unsafe skating conditions.
The Ice at Canalside is a large, completely open air rink. This creates a special skating experience that cannot be found anywhere else in Western New York. Unfortunately, this also makes the ice surface sensitive to the elements- including wind, rain, sun, and temperature fluctuations. Our technicians are working hard to prepare the Ice for tomorrow but sometimes Mother Nature has other plans! Thank you for your continued support!
You’ve seen it on the Olympics, now try it for yourself! The Ice at Canalside has two curling lanes available to reserve during open skate hours*, presented by Catholic Health!
- Cost: $15 per person for one hour (minimum of 4 people, max of 10 people)
- On Tuesdays – Thursdays or Fridays before 4:00 pm, hold your match and receive a complimentary pre and post game water, soda, or Labbatt Blue/Blue Light
- Includes: Instructor and all the equipment you will need (stones, grippers & sliders, brushes)
- For reservations, please RESERVE CURLING HERE
Hours (hours may vary depending on weather conditions):
- Sunday: 10 am – 8 pm
- Monday: Closed (except 12/26, 1/2, 1/16, & 2/20)
- Tuesday & Wednesday: 3 pm – 7 pm
- Thursday: 11 am – 7 pm
- Friday & Saturday: 10 am – 10 pm
Note: Special extended weekday hours will be in effect during school break weeks: December 25-31 and February 19-25
*Other days/times may be available for reservations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
When coming to the site to play, go to the Canalside Winter Lodge presented by Airbnb to sign in, learn about the game and sign your waiver. To save time, make sure all people in a curling party sign their Assumption of Risk waiver online!
Assumption of Risk: All skaters and curlers at The Ice at Canalside are required to sign an Assumption of Risk waiver before their first visit to The Ice. You can click the link at the bottom of your screen to save time by reading and signing your waiver at home. You will still be required to check in at the Admission Kiosk before entering The Ice.