Back to Calendar
Everyday Autumn Fun
WHEN: Tuesday, September 5 - Sunday, November 5: All day | WHERE: Canalside (Buffalo, NY)
The start of autumn doesn’t signal the end of waterfront fun- there is still lots to do at Canalside! Be sure to check out our full calendar for updates on events, celebrations, & other fun activities in the fall!
- Fun & Games
- Tours, Rentals, & Ferry Service
- Food & Drink
- Public Art
- Naval & Military Park
- Our Neighbors
Bring the kids to The Beach for some fun in the sand and play on the giant red boat, courtesy of EduKids!
- Location: Central Wharf Boardwalk, behind The Dish.
- Tour Boats:
- The Spirit of Buffalo topsail schooner offers breathtaking day and evening sails and is available to rent for private events. They are booking tours & events through October 1, 2016. For tour dates and info visit spiritofbuffalo.com. Location: Central Wharf Boardwalk
- Buffalo River History Tours offers boat tours along the Buffalo River, including tours of Buffalo’s Grain Elevators! Booking tours through October 7, 2016. For rates and tour information visit buffaloriverhistorytours.com. Location: Central Wharf Boardwalk
- Ferry Service:
- The Queen City Bike Ferry is now closed for the season. Thank you for another successful year!
For more information about the over 20 restaurants near Canalside, visit our Food and Dining page.
Grain Elevator Illumination
- The Connecting Terminal Grain Elevator Illumination is every night from sundown-11:00 pm and can be viewed from anywhere at Canalside
- For more information visit our Grain Elevator Illumination page.
- A selfie favorite! The darling of Buffalo social media feeds is located at The Canals, by the Commercial Street Bridge
- Shark Girl was created by artist Casey Riordan-Millard and is here as courtesy of Albright-Knox Art Gallery and Erie County. Visit http://www.albrightknox.org/collection/public-art/piece:shark-girl/ for more information.
- Silent Poets by Jaume Plensa is located on the Great Lawn at the Central Wharf
- Silent Poets is courtesy of Albright-Knox Art Gallery and Erie County. Visit http://www.albrightknox.org/collection/public-art/piece:silent-poets/ for more information.
The Buffalo & Erie County Naval & Military Park is located at Canalside and takes you inside history with incredible exhibits and displays including actual historic documents, uniforms, military gear, photographs and so much more. Take tours of the USS Little Rock, the USS Croaker, and the USS The Sullivans. Open daily through October 31, weekends only in November. For more information visit www.buffalonavalpark.org.
Visit the HARBORCENTER including the (716) Food & Sport and flagship Tim Hortons restaurant, shop the Buffalo Sabres Store, and check out the One Canalside building with its new cafe and meeting spaces!
Don’t forget to sharpen your skates and get ready for ice skating on the Ice at Canalside, scheduled to open in late November!