Back to Calendar
Everyday Spring Activities
WHEN: Monday, March 20: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. | WHERE: Canalside (Buffalo, NY)
Take a stroll or a jog along our Boardwalk or relax in one of our Buffalo Sunset Chairs and enjoy the breathtaking views of the Buffalo River and Lake Erie, especially at sunset! Enjoy a stroll around the Replica Canals – take in the historic interpretation of the Terminus of the Erie Canal, the Immigrant Steps, and Lloyd Street, Lake Street and Commercial Street bridges.
Please pardon our dust while we begin construction on the new Explore and More Children’s Museum, located just south of the Replica Canals & opening in 2018!
Pizza Plant, located inside the One Canalside/Courtyard Marriott building across Main Street from Canalside, is home to the famous Pizza Pod.
Canalside’s own “The Dish”, located on the Boardwalk at the Central Wharf, will open in May. Stay tuned for details!
For information about more than 20 restaurants within walking distance of Canalside, visit our Food and Dining page.
Grain Elevator Illumination
- The Connecting Terminal Grain Elevator Illumination is every night from sundown-11:00 pm and can be viewed from anywhere at Canalside
- For more information visit our Grain Elevator Illumination page.
- A selfie favorite! The darling of Buffalo social media feeds is located at The Canals, by the Commercial Street Bridge
- Shark Girl was created by artist Casey Riordan-Millard and is here as courtesy of Albright-Knox Art Gallery and Erie County. Visit http://www.albrightknox.org/community/ak-public-art/shark-girl for more information.
- Silent Poets by Jaume Plensa is located on the Great Lawn at the Central Wharf
- Silent Poets is courtesy of Albright-Knox Art Gallery and Erie County. Visit http://www.albrightknox.org/community/ak-public-art/silent-poets for more information.
Check out the Shops at HARBORCENTER, located across Main Street from Canalside! Featuring Red Siren boutique, Fowlers Chocolates, Clayton’s Toys, and The Healthy Scratch.
The Buffalo & Erie County Naval & Military Park is located next to Canalside’s Commercial Slip. The museum is open daily beginning March 25 from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm, until then you can still view the USS Little Rock, the USS Croaker, and the USS The Sullivans as well as monuments dedicated to the brave men & women of our Military along the Buffalo River. In addition, the Liberty Hound restaurant, located at the Naval & Military Park, is open. Visit Liberty Hound’s website for details.