Back to Calendar
Winter Eats & Everyday Activities
WHEN: Sunday, February 26: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. | WHERE: Canalside (Buffalo, NY)
Colder temps don’t signal the end of waterfront fun! Whether you like to hit the Ice or not, there are lots of things to do at Canalside! Be sure to check out our full calendar for updates on open ice skating hours, ice bikes, curling, events, celebrations, & other fun activities all winter long!
- Canalside Winter Lodge presented by Airbnb
- Bryce’s Canalside Cafe
- Other Food & Drink
- Public Art
- Naval & Military Park
Canalside’s Winter Lodge is back- a 30′ x 50′ heated structure with floor-to ceiling windows that overlook the Ice at Canalside! New this year: Airbnb has transformed the Lodge into a cozy place to relax, warm up, and enjoy a beverage or snack with your favorite people!
The Canalside Winter Lodge offers food/merchandise from:
- Bubble & Brews featuring mulled cider and wine, snacks including our new specialty flavored popcorn, as well as a selection of beer & wine. Open during open skating hours, starting Dec 1: Tues.-Wed. 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.; Thurs. 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.; Fri. & Sat. 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.; Sun. 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.; Mon. CLOSED
- Canalside Merchandise featuring adult/youth hoodies, scarves, gloves, & hats so you can show your Canalside Love! Open during open skating hours, starting Dec 1.
- Bryce’s Canalside Café at the Lodge featuring hot/cold beverages, nachos, pretzels, and caramel corn/apples. Open Thursdays 2:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m; Fridays 12:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.; Saturdays 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.; and Sundays 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
The Winter Lodge presented by Airbnb is located next to the Immigrant Steps.
*Please note that when Public Skate is closed due to weather, the Winter Lodge will also be closed. Please check our calendar for notifications on closings.
Bryce’s offers coffee, hot chocolate, water, soda, pretzels, nachos, caramel corn & apples! Located near the entrance to the Ice rink. Open Fridays 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.; Saturdays 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.; and Sundays 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Please note that when Public Skate is closed due to weather, the cafe will also be closed. Please check our calendar for notifications on closings.
For more information about more than 20 restaurants within walking distance of Canalside, including the Liberty Hound which is now open all winter, visit our Food and Dining page.
Grain Elevator Illumination
- The Connecting Terminal Grain Elevator Illumination is every night from sundown-11:00 pm and can be viewed from anywhere at Canalside
- For more information visit our Grain Elevator Illumination page.
- A selfie favorite! The darling of Buffalo social media feeds is located at The Canals, by the Commercial Street Bridge
- Shark Girl was created by artist Casey Riordan-Millard and is here as courtesy of Albright-Knox Art Gallery and Erie County. Visit http://www.albrightknox.org/community/ak-public-art/shark-girl for more information.
- Silent Poets by Jaume Plensa is located on the Great Lawn at the Central Wharf
- Silent Poets is courtesy of Albright-Knox Art Gallery and Erie County. Visit http://www.albrightknox.org/community/ak-public-art/silent-poets for more information.
In addition to the Canalside merchandise kiosk inside the Winter Lodge, check out the Shops at HARBORCENTER, located across Main Street from Canalside! Featuring Red Siren boutique, Fowlers Chocolates, Clayton’s Toys, and The Healthy Scratch.
The Buffalo & Erie County Naval & Military Park is located next to Canalside. The museum itself is closed December-March, but you can still see the USS Little Rock, the USS Croaker, and the USS The Sullivans as well as monuments dedicated to the brave men & women of our Military. In addition, the Liberty Hound restaurant, located at the Naval & Military Park, is open all winter long. Visit Liberty Hound’s website for details.