Back to Calendar
Winter Eats & Everyday Fun
WHEN: Thursday, December 7: 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. | WHERE: The Ice at Canalside
Colder temps don’t signal the end of waterfront fun! Whether you like to hit the Ice or not, there are lots of things to do at Canalside! Be sure to check out our full calendar for updates on open ice skating hours, ice bikes, curling, events, celebrations, & other fun activities all winter long!
Canalside’s Winter Lodge is back- a 30′ x 50′ heated structure with floor-to ceiling windows that overlook the Ice at Canalside! The Lodge is a cozy place to relax, warm up by the fireplace, and enjoy a beverage or snack with your favorite people!
The Canalside Winter Lodge offers food/merchandise from:
- Canalside Eats featuring hot and cold beverages as well as snacks. Open during public skating hours, starting Dec 1
- Canalside Merchandise featuring adult/youth hoodies, scarves, gloves, & hats so you can show your Canalside Love! Open during open skating hours, starting Dec 1.
- Hours: Thursday – 3PM – 7PM, Friday – 4PM – 9PM, Saturday – 2PM – 9PM, Sunnday – 1PM – 7PM
- Have a custom caricature drawn while you’re visiting Canalside! The perfect memento to make your trip unforgettable!
- Visit Canalside Caricatures for more information and to take advantage of a $5.00 off coupon offer.
The Winter Lodge is located next to the Immigrant Steps.
**Please note that when Public Skate is closed due to weather, the Winter Lodge will also be closed. Please check our calendar for notifications on closings.
For more information about more than 20 restaurants within walking distance of Canalside, including Liberty Hound which is open all winter, visit our Food and Dining page.
Grain Elevator Illumination
- The Connecting Terminal Grain Elevator Illumination is every night from sundown-11:00 pm and can be viewed from anywhere at Canalside
- For more information visit our Grain Elevator Illumination page.
- A selfie favorite! The darling of Buffalo social media feeds is located at The Canals, by the Commercial Street Bridge
- Shark Girl was created by artist Casey Riordan-Millard and is here as courtesy of Albright-Knox Art Gallery and Erie County. Visit http://www.albrightknox.org/community/ak-public-art/shark-girl for more information.
The Buffalo & Erie County Naval & Military Park is located next to Canalside. They now offer expanded winter hours, check out their website for details! See the USS Little Rock, the USS Croaker, and the USS The Sullivans as well as monuments dedicated to the brave men & women of our Military.